Executive Chef, Henrico Grobbelaar of the NH Lord Charles Hotel, has created a series of delicious recipes paired with our wines to create the perfect dinner date.
For the full downloadable recipes, please scroll down.
We also like to add our favourite recipes to this section to pair with our wines. Enjoy!
For International Sauvignon Blanc day in May, we were inspired to find a recipe that pairs perfectly with our Croydon Covenant Sauvignon Blanc. And we did not disappoint! This creamy prawn linguine is so well balanced with a lemony zing, creamy notes and a good tomato acidity that we couldnt help but have a second helping (of pasta and wine!). Enjoy!
Creamy Prawn Linguine
Total cook time: 35 minutes
450 g linguine
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
450 g prawns, peeled and deveined
Freshly ground black pepper
4 tbsp. butter
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp. crushed chilli flakes, plus more for garnish
600 g cherry tomatoes, halved
60 ml Croydon Covenant Sauvignon blanc
240 ml double cream
Juice of 1 lemon
150 g baby kale
50 g freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
1. Pour yourself a large glass of Croydon Covenant Sauvignon Blanc.
2. In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the linguine according to the package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 120ml pasta water and return to the pot.
3. In a large pan over medium heat, heat the oil. Add prawns and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the prawns turn pink and are cooked through, around 4 minutes. Remove from the pan and reserve on a plate.
4. Add the butter to the pan then add your garlic and chilli flakes and cook until fragrant. Add all the tomatoes to the pan and cook until they begin to soften, for around 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the SB and cook until mostly reduced, usually around 5 minutes.
5. Add the double cream, lemon juice and Parmesan. Let it all simmer until the sauce is thickened, 5 minutes. Add pasta, prawns, and kale and toss to coat. If sauce is too thick, add additional pasta water.
6. Garnish with more Parmesan and serve.
To purchase any of the Croydon Wines, please visit the 'Wine Selection' page or send us an email to:
A light vegetarian canape made from seasonal beetroot and goat cheese.
A delightful oyster-inspired dish that pairs perfectly with bubbles.
Salmon and prawns are the hero in this elegant starter.
Slow roasted pork belly with poached prunes and truffle mash.
A grown-up treat, best made with Constellation Port!
Copyright © 2017 Croydon Vineyards - All Rights Reserved.